Schedule a Flow Task
To schedule flows to run at a specific time or on a recurring basis you can create scheduled tasks. Scheduled tasks rely on pre-configured schedules.
Who can do this?
- The Server administrator can do this on all sites on the server. The Site administrator can do this on sites they have access to if the site settings to allow users to publish and schedule tasks is enabled.
- Flow owners and project leaders can create flow tasks for flows or projects that they own respectively.
For more information, review the following articles:
- Windows: Set Users' Site Roles and Content Permissions and Ownership
- Linux: Set Users’ Site Roles and Content Permissions and Ownership
Schedule a flow task
From the Scheduled Tasks tab, click New Task.
If the output step isn't assigned to a task, you can also create a new task from the Overview page. On that page, in the Schedules field, click Create new task.
In the New Task dialog,
select a schedule from the drop-down list.
Select one of the following options:
Automatically include all output steps for this flow:(default) Select this option to include all current and future output steps for this flow in the scheduled task. As new output steps are added to the flow over time, they are automatically included in the schedule when it runs.
Select the output steps to include in this task: Select this option to manually select the output steps to include in this scheduled task
Select the output steps to include in the flow task. To include all output steps in the flow task, select the check box next to Output Steps.
This area can't be edited if the Automatically include all output steps for this flow radio button is selected. Select the other radio button to enable this section.
- Click Create Task to create the scheduled task.